Friday, June 11, 2010

Just an intro.

Why Momma Donna? I collect children, mostly adult children, who need some extra mom love. I have lots of "adopted" young adult kids- my own kids, plus some special ones like Becky, Chrissy, Holly N, Hannah, Sarah W, and another Becky. Then there are my own kids, Daniel and Caitie.

I am a nurturer, so it's no surprise that I'm a nurse. And the best place for a nurturing nurse who happens to be 51 years old, slowing down, but still wants to be involved, is to work in long-term care. I have a management/clinical position in a nursing home that lets me do a lot of loving without injuring my already bashed up spine.

I nurture my hubby (I do NOT mother him). He is the most important human in my world. He is easy to please and it brings me great joy to please him. If I do something that hurts or bothers him, I beat myself up over it for days.

I nurture 3 very different cats. The only thing they share is complete dislike of each other, which makes me sad, because I got multiple cats to keep each other company. Mia, our first kitten, was a sweet and playful kitty until....Nicky, an adult cat, came into the picture. Mia became aloof and stand-offish and remains that wasy to this day. Nicky can only be described as ungainly, adorable, and yet annoying. Sydney is the eternal kitten and she was the last kitten to leave the WPHS to become a member of the household. She's around 6 years old but acts a lot like a kitten, which is especially endearing because she is as fat as a tea cozy and as graceful as someone whose feet are stuck in buckets.

Lots of folks blog and I like to write, so I'll try this out for awhile, and see what comes of it. Welcome, to anyone who stumbles here and decides to follow the life of an overweight, overworked and yet overloved Mamma.

No comments:

Post a Comment